My photo
Life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, equality, truth and justice for all.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Transparency, Indeed.

Cartoon by Daryl Cagle


Let me start this rant by apologizing, in advance, to anyone who might be offended by the language that ensues......it is my intent to offend.

For anyone currently feeling, as I do, as if their life is in a sort of limbo; I was reminded today of the butterfly.

Now, being a caterpillar is probably pretty cool. I'm not exactly sure what the upside would be, but if I was a caterpillar, I would find one, or two. And the coolest thing would have to be the butterfly you knew you would soon become. If only you don't get eaten by all the thousands of different entities that specifically want to eat you. And/or, all the thousands of different things that squish you, simply because you were in the way.

And that time that you languish on the underside of a leaf, the most vulnerable time of all, must seem like an eternity. Or at least as long as the Bush Dynasty. Just not as scary. Close, but not as scary as the Bush Dynasty.

We, my fellow Americans, my fellow humans, we are that pupae. It is a scary time indeed. The chances of death and despair far out way the chances of exceeding our potential. And yet, this feeling. This nagging fucking feeling like the other shoe is about to drop. It is unmistakable. The sky isn't falling, sheeple. It fell a long time ago. You don't construct over three hundred FEMA camps all over the country for shits and giggles.

We just handed Chrysler and G.M. 70 billion dollars. And now they are bankrupt. We knew they were going bankrupt. We gave them the money and then they went bankrupt. How does that work? Why, exactly, did we buy such an expensive bucket to bail out the Titanic? And where is the money?

How about Citigroup? I heard on the news, in the shadow of G.M. going bankrupt, that Citigroup was also being taken off the 'big board'. And we just handed them billions and billions and....let's face it folks; we have been robbed.

Anyone out there ever come home to an empty house? Or worse, like me, have you ever been home and been robbed? Well, if the answer is yes, then you know the feeling of having your dignity handed to your heart by way of your asshole. You also know the rage that comes with being so totally violated on every level of human understanding. The social contract was ripped up in your face and all you can do is watch.

Well, what do you think is going on in front of our faces, sheeple?

Can I ask just one very simple question? Why in the hell would anybody write a check to the government ever again? We know exactly where that money is going. Obama campaigned on transparency. Well, my friends, it doesn't get anymore transparent than this.

Let's just say I wanted to buy a rug. So I go to the rug store and pick one out and pay for it. Only, I don't get the rug. In fact, they are telling me, I now owe more for the rug, that I didn't get, than when I paid for it. So, like an idiot, I pay the extra and hope to get out of there with the rug. Only, I don't get the rug. No, no, no. This time, they assure me, when I pay for the rug, it'll be a nicer rug than the one I bought two times ago. So, I leave the store vowing never to do business there again, only to discover I never got the rug. So I go back to the store and the store is now closed for renovations. There is a sign on the door and it says; Sorry for the inconvenience, we are too busy counting all the money we just stole from this idiot who thought we sold rugs.

So I ask you, why in the hell would you go back to that store and give them another dime? Now, or ever? They are bad businessmen and even worse people. All they have done is take, and all they plan to continue to do is take, and I really don't even have enough for myself and those around me.

As the time draws near, and the very construct of our society awakens to it's full potential, I will be, and have been, present to do the work that is required to make life's difficult changes. For if we do not evolve, then we will surely die.

Man, am I an impatient little pupae.

3 comments:

  1. Don't wory Manny, the Gov't owns most of GM now, and they are going to make everything better with cars that run on bio-matter.

    ReplyDelete